Kate Baldwin’s second album She Loves Him
- a solo disc devoted entirely to Broadway legend Sheldon Harnick’s lyrics and music, is set to be released July 12th and is currently available for pre-order from PS Classics
. Recorded live in March 2011 at New York’s Feinstein’s at Loews Regency, the album features special appearances by Harnick himself.
On Thursday, July 14th, at 8:30 PM, Kate and Sheldon will celebrate the CD release with a special show at Feinstein's at the Regency
(540 Park Avenue at 61st Street). Tickets to the show, and to the VIP champagne meet-and-greet afterwards, are available on the PS Classics website
. There you will find four different offers. They are the following:
- For $24.95, you receive one ticket to the show, in addition to a copy of the CD
- For $29.95, you receive two tickets to the show, in addition to a copy of the CD
- For $34.95, you receive one ticket to the show, a copy of the CD and an invite to the VIP after-party to meet Kate & Sheldon and join them for a champagne toast
- For $39.95, you receive two tickets to the show, a copy of the CD and an invite for two to the VIP after-party to meet Kate & Sheldon and join them for a champagne toast
Kate’s first album, Songs of Lane & Harburg - Let's See What Happens
, was released October 20, 2009. Click here
to view photos from the CD release party held at Bar Americain.
To hear sample tracks and purchase your copy today, visit the PS Classics website
For her starring role in the Broadway-bound Finian’s Rainbow in the spring of 2009, actress-singer Kate Baldwin was hailed by The New York Times as “a discovery ... her rich, pure soprano riding the crests of the melodies with ease.” The New York Post proclaimed the newcomer “a real musical theater star,” while Playbill christened her “our next, best, undiscovered musical comedy heroine.” While critics were discovering Kate, the actress herself was rediscovering her love for the songs of Finian's Rainbow creators Burton Lane and E.Y. Harburg; when she embarked on her first solo disc, she decided to showcase the work of these legendary songwriters. The result, LET’S SEE WHAT HAPPENS, is an auspicious debut album from one of Broadway’s newest and brightest stars. Equally at home with the tender ease of “How Are Things in Glocca Morra?” as she is with the swinging drive of “Come Back to Me,” Kate mines the rich lyrics of the smoldering “Paris Is A Lonely Town,” exudes romance and wit in the playful “How About You?,” and brings down the house with the raucous, robust “I Don’t Think I’ll End It All Today.” The songs of Lane and Harburg seem custom-made for Kate’s glorious voice, and listeners are the lucky beneficiaries.
Kate can also be heard on Georgia Stitt’s album, Alphabet City Cycle
. This five-song cycle for soprano, violin and piano is an exhilerating hybrid of musical theatre and art song, drawn from a collection of poems by Marcy Heisler. The album is available exclusvely on iTunes. Click here
to purchase your copy today
Kate was also a part of the studio recording of the 1926 musical comedy Kitty’s Kisses
. Featuring the music of Con Conrad and the lyrics of Gus Kahn, the album was produced by PS Classics co-founder Tommy Krasker and features many other broadway stars. Click here
to purchase your copy today.